I have never used a blog and was not pleased about having to create and maintain one as part of this course requirement. However being able to post your thoughts, stuff you might have been afraid to say in class while being brutually honest was great. I was also fun looking at other blogs and learning about people even though i'm still not sure who some of them are in class as
without the blog i very honestly would have know even less.
For blog activities, depending on the structure of the blog question we were responding to, each person basically said the same thing at times making it impossibility hard to respond more than four sentences to that person…..example of this is when we had blog 4, the power of vision. As a responder to my blog pointed out we all basically want the same thing and therefore have similar visions.
The professor’s blog however were very interesting reading material. I would have never though of wizard the Oz in any other way than creepy (seriously it creeped me out as a kid watching it). I also had never heard of Attila the Hun and even though I did not agree 100% with the hypothetical advice that he would have possibly given to his men I was nonetheless intrigued to read it.
After my second blog I relaxed a bit more about having to do it. I was bubbling with all the fun I had in class and would have been very contented to just write a million exclamation points and feet contented that my feelings on Eggs-cellent way to plan were well communicated. It wasn’t hard in the least to just write my thoughts and secure 20% of my grades. As I wrote I did not keep in mind that this was actually me having my grade amount in my hand, I just viewed it as assignments that needed to be done. The best part for me was finishing mines and reading others, not others in general who I could clearly see through but those that sincerely told a tale.
Further blogging for me would depend on my time availability which is almost none existence through poor time management and procrastination. But blogs should remain a part of this course. One of the benefits of coming to America to go to school is the wealth of things you learn outside of the traditional textbook. For me blogging was one and even though I may not be a typical American in not knowing how to do it already, it’s nice to be a well rounded individual and as I would have never initiated this on my own it’s nice to be able to say I have one....I did it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I agree that, via the blog activity, it was great to be able to post your thoughts without censoring yourself. One of my greatest difficulties with the blog assignment wasn't posting on my own site, but actually finding people who did the assignment on time. This is especially hard when you already have to find a posting that you genuinely and earnestly want to respond to.
You can still respond to these posts, it's just not going to count towards your grade.
Post a Comment