Did you know vision built the world? Not only that but it was the important “material” used than even the steel, stones and cement. Without vision everything else would have simply been matter occupying space!
Vision is defined as a vivid, imaginative conception or anticipation and the video seen in class “The Power of Vision” showed how important having a vision/visualizing the future i.e how thing could be, before attempting something. Vision was important to the birth and development of Countries, achievements in Children, survival of Individuals under the most horrendous conditions (Jews in Nazi concentration camps) and in the Business World at large.
In thinking of my own 5 year goals/visions that I hope to accomplish the following comes to mind:
1 – To graduating in May 2009. In order to do this given that I am only a sophomore at the moment I have to attend winter and both summer intercessions this year from now until 2009 and I have to keep up a 15 credit course load.
2 – To get at least 2 different internships before I graduate. I present have an internship, my first ever, and I’m quite comfortable here but I don’t think the work is challenging enough nor am I learning (in my opinion) anything connected to the field I hope to enter. As such I would like to have at least two more internships both relating to Marketing but both focused on different aspects of the Marketing Industry. So far I have joined the Marketing Club to interact and learn from others and to be informed of Marketing opportunities. I have also made the decision within myself that a paycheck isn’t all of it, at the moment, my internship is paid but I’m willing to have an unpaid Marketing internship that would be both exciting and knowledgeable.
3 - As an International Student, I can work in the U.S one year upon graduation but I require sponsorship to work longer. I am working towards this at the moment by going to presentations on this issue that would better inform me of my options and how I may go about getting sponsored I am also networking with people that I come in contact with at my present job etc. Also I’m joining and actively participating in clubs and doing/intend to pursue internships to better equip and market myself.4 – As an alternative to being sponsored my intended Marketing degree would allow me to work in the Ministry of Tourism in my Country, affording me countless opportunities to travel, market and assist in the development of my country.
5 – A Bachelors degree is nice but to stand out more in the job market I need more. Upon acquiring more funds through working (whether in the U.S or home) I intend to get a Masters Degree. This is the last thing I have set for myself to accomplish in a 5 year period.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Looks like you have have everything all planned out, that is a very good thing. Like many of the college students, we all want to achieve similar goal, such as graduating in certain amount of time, get a good internship...etc. It's not easy but we'll try our best. Wish you the best luck.
Thanks Serena!
Yes, i agree with the previous comment that most of ours goal is to finish school and make a good career start. Then, probably, our priorities or the 'vision' will change. But for now, at least in the near future, this should be the focus. Best of luck.
Finally a full blown vision! I see a stretch in your visions, and I praise you for that. Although most of your plans for the future seems perfectly realistic, I think swinging a just a little further makes a great difference in the outcome. By doing so we work harder and accomplish more. However, there is a thin line between a little stretch and a huge miscalculation, and you seem to be well familiar with this hypothetical divide. Additionally, it appears that you have already taken much action toward accomplishing your goals. Internships, Marketing Club, networking and an alternative of returning to your home country to work in the Ministry of Tourism are all very proactive steps that you have already taken to realize your vision. Also, that fact that you are thinking of pursuing a Master's degree shows how intact your goals are with reality.
It is clear that your situation is one that is extremely admirable. The idea of coming from another country and letting that not slow you down one bit is quite an accomplishment in itself. Rather you are speeding up the pace and looking to graduate even earlier than expected. Your goals are like mine, geared towards a solid financial future. We both understand the importance of the dollar.
Thanks for the support on me getting my ring. LOL. I'm glad I have people behind me. Well with your goals, I think they are pretty good and you always have good ideas and I know you will end up achieving all of them. Graduating is the most important and I know you will definitely do that. And it's good that you are doing things now to benefit your life in the future. Good Luck with everything.
Post a Comment